Monday, June 29, 2009

If You're Happy and You Know It

It is amazing how being proud can make you feel like you are on top of the world. Watching my child grow and learn new skills makes me want to burst with excitement and bring her out into the world to yell, "Look! Look at what she can do! She can hold a sock to her foot. She knows it goes there!" Parenting is the best. Today as we were driving back from Target for the fourth time this week, while listening to Barney's Great Adventure (what is playing 90% of the time I am behind the wheel), the purple dinosaur's rendition of If You're Happy and You Know It began blaring through my speakers. I glanced in the rear view mirror and there was little C, clapping her hands at the appropriate time! Now I thought it was a miracle that she clapped when I asked her to, but now she's doing it for Barney while no one is watching (or so she thinks). This is a huge step in her language development. This baby understand words! I love it. I was so happy, I started clapping too. Can you really get this kind of satisfaction at work? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment