Monday, June 29, 2009

Now She's One!


The party weekend was fantastic. I freaked out the morning of because the weather did not cooperate with my "barbecue" theme. It poured buckets. I'm surprised the basement didn't flood. It's probably because the weed roots are so intertwined beneath the 17 inches of mulch around the foundation of the house, that not even water can get through. Anyway, it was a really "rainy feel bad for anyone who was planning an outdoor party" kind of day. My behavior was out of control. I was the party planner from hell and I felt really bad about my snippy outbursts. Only if you were in my house that morning would you know just how bad I felt. I have repeatedly apologized to those people who happened to be here that morning. Anyway, they have forgiven me because they are my family and they have to :)

Once the guests started to arrive everything fell into place. The kids really enjoyed the music and movement activities my genius friend Jen, who happens to be a music teacher, led them in. The adults got to eat in peace and the kids sang, danced, and almost jumped their way though the ceiling with their excitement. Little C thoroughly enjoyed her cupcake and needed a bath mid party to clean the frosting off of her. Don't you love being one? Getting stripped down naked at your own birthday party and it's totally acceptable? No facebook pictures surfacing the next day to ruin your life or anything! All of the partying made her so tired that after her bath she took a nap.

While she slept we all sat around and ate cake and opened her presents. They were all so fun! When she woke from her nap to find new toys strewn about the living room, she was especially happy!

We can't thank our family enough for traveling the distance to celebrate this special event with us. Our hometown friends made the party complete. We thank everyone for their generosity. Happy Birthday little C!

No comments:

Post a Comment