Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mulch Update

Just to keep you in the loop, newspaper trees have grown along side of thousands of dandilions and other prickly weeds. I spent much of yesterday morning cursing the concept of gardening while digging weeds out of my "already mulched" flower beds. It is official, A is fired from yard duty. Perhaps that was his mission. If so, he can bask in this victory while I hire a pricey landscaper for next year :)

My friend, S, put it all in perspective for me yesterday. While ranting about my gardening woes she said, "Well, remember it's just mulch and dirt. I went out and saw that I had some weeds too the other day. I started picking them and then thought to myself, this is stupid. I'm pulling things out of the dirt right now. It's not like I'm going to bother replacing them with flowers or anything. So I stopped and went back in."

Then we went back to talking about more important things that REALLY matter like designer jeans and Tory Burch flats. Gotta love girlfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment