Sunday, May 24, 2009

My My, Look Who Has Grown




I have to say that I am secretly happy that we are quickly crusing through this "ever so cute" puppy stage and getting on with life! Is that terrible? I realize now, that I craved a dog. Not so much a puppy.

Quinn is growing quickly as you can see. He's not as big as you might imagine though. When you see him in person it puts it all in perspective. He's only about one third of Fin's adult size. I predict he weighs about 23 pounds now. He's going to the vet this week so I'll find out for sure.

We've progressed from the stage of my life that revolved around poop. There hasn't been that kind of an accident in the house in longer than I can remember. Now it's all about teeth. Both C's and Q's. C finally has the clear signs of four teeth. Did I mention that I was secretly worried that we were going to have to purchase her a set of dentures before Kindergarten? There's also evidence of a molar popping out. Quincy has a few loose teeth and I noticed this morning that two bottom ones fell out and the adult teeth are popping through. I love the idea that I can use the word adult and Quincy in the same sentence! Puppies are TOUGH.

The potty training has gone really well, he's listening to the word no, he's nipping considerably less, and he's starting to show C the respect she deserves as a superior member of our pack :) A and I have been watching A LOT of Cesar Millan the Dog Wisperer. That guy is amazing. A has even made the time in his hectic life to read his book Ceasar's Way. Speaking of A, I have to hand it to him. He has a really, really tough work schedule. On top of that, he's managed to hold every singe solitary one of his promises to help with the puppy. I really appreciate that.

If only I could freeze time for C and speed up time for Q. That would be perfect. But I know the reality. Before he's one chill, calm bulldog, she's going to be one running, talking toddler. Deep breath and sigh. I can see it now. They are both going to be self sufficient and I'm going to be preggo...

No comments:

Post a Comment