Friday, April 24, 2009

Oh HI!...My name is QUINCY

I'm the C family pet! I've been living here with these "ever so kind people" for nearly three weeks and something in my brain just clicked! They speak English so I've decided to start learning this language. They have one word in particular that is certainly very important in this language. It is the word NO. Most of the time, when they talk to me, their sentence starts with this word. But I must be doing something right, because today, more and more sentences have started with "good boy"! This might be because after my mommy washed the kitchen floor I DID NOT pee on it. I did, however, poop in the living room. I just couldn't hold it. I heard NO that time. I'll try harder to remember to cry at the door tomorrow.

I think the fresh air helped clear my head. It was 75 degrees here today! I thought I was on a vacation or something! After my bath, yes my kind mommy bathed me after washing the kitchen floor, I got to bask in the sunshine in the backyard. For a moment I went astray and rolled in some pee dirt, but mommy reminded me using her favorite word, that I shouldn't be doing that.

I live with a little tiny person who I am NOT allowed to bite. I try to be gentle with her because she's just a baby and all. She doesn't even speak English either. She kind of barks like me though. I like her a lot because when I am gated in the kitchen she always comes over to the gate and offers me her finger through the slot. It usually tastes like cookies.

Did you know that you were not supposed to pee on the floor, bite humans, play with other people's toys and shoes or cry during the night? Boy, that's a lot of things to remember!

BUT, did you also know that puppies get kisses and snuggles? They also get to sit in mommy and daddy's lap. Puppies get to play outside, get baths and belly rubs, and get lots of treats when they remember to follow the rules. I also have special times for resting. That's important because I need my rest too.

Did you also know that I am lucky to have my very own special name? Quincy. I like it. I just realized that it was mine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Quincy! Sounds like you've had a busy day, but with lots of lovin' :)

    ReplyDelete