Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sharing Time


I'm beginning to realize that I blog because I'm the kind of person who likes to share. I think that's why I loved teaching first grade. First graders LOVE to share. They love to share everything and anything. From a new sibling to slivers to snacks to birthdays. A first grader will start telling you about their birthday 364 days before it's going to happen. It will continue with a daily countdown :)

First graders also love when adults share too. The difference being that an adult elaborates on their sharing. Sometimes too much so, and the kids' attention is totally lost. So for the sake of time, C's nap is almost over, I'm going to share today as if I were a first grader.

This is my Easter bread recipe that I got from my mom and I like it.

1 package dry yeast
1/4 cup luke warm water
3/4 cup scalded milk
1 package lemon instant pudding
1 stick margarine or butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 - 4 1/2 cups flour
2 eggs beaten

METHOD

Put butter, pudding, and salt in bowl. Add milk. Stir until butter melts. Let cool. Add 1 1/2 cups flour. Stir in yeast (diluted in the 1/4 cup luke warm water) and 2 beaten eggs to cooled mixture. Use electric mixer to beat until smooth. Add remaining flour (a little at a time to work it in). Put dough on floured table and knead until soft not sticky (8-10 minutes). Wash and dry bowl and butter it on the bottom and sides. Put dough in the bowl and turn upside down 2 times (perhaps to butter the dough?). Cover the bowl with a towel and place on the counter to rise for 1 1/2 hours. Punch the dough down after this time and let rise another hour. Separate dough into three equal parts. Make strips out of each section and braid together. Let stand on greased cookie sheet for 15 minutes covered. Bake on 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy and Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment