Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Preparing For Puppy

So this morning, in the pouring rain, C and I hit PetCo. I have to say, I wasn't very impressed with our local PetCo. The service wasn't that great and they didn't seem to have a lot of "stuff." We managed to get our little puppy all of his necessities. A crate, food, toys, dishes, a place mat, a collar and a name tag. Do you know that they make puppy Kong Binkies? Too stinkin' cute. We picked him up a blue one.

Of course, C chewed all the chew toys as I put them in the shopping cart. Hey, if they are good enough for her then they'll be great for him! I took pictures of the baby every step of the way. I want her to look back and remember that she helped get ready for the little guy.

We've decided to take him home with us this weekend if all goes well with the visit on Sunday. There's no point in waiting until next week and driving the two and a half hours to the breeders again. I called the vet and booked his new puppy appointment for Monday afternoon!

I thought we had his name picked out and then my dad went and threw us a curve ball this past weekend. My husband and I thought it over and apparently we've decided on the name my dad picked! I found this out because my husband downloaded and saved a picture of the puppy onto the desktop and he named it by his name! It's official because I had it engraved on his tag. The nickname is what was really important to us. Both the original name and the new name can have the same nickname. Naming dogs and children is a stressful process but when you've made the final decision, it seems like it's been the right choice all along. I can't wait to hear it start rolling off my tongue!

We hadn't heard back from the breeder for a few days. We were waiting for her address and we both started getting nervous that maybe she sold him to someone else. He already feels like part of our family. We just need him under our roof to make it official. She said that he's doing really well with is potty training. That's a plus! Imagine if he's fully trained by Sunday...That would be amazing!

C is cruising the house these days. She was all over the kitchen floor this afternoon. I can already see that she's probably going to take a bath in the puppy's water dish by early next week. It's a good thing she's not into Cheerios yet, or I'd have to worry about her trying to eat his food too!

I can't wait to take pictures of her with the pup on Sunday. I'll be sure to post those. She'll surely be wearing her new t-shirt from Cafe Press. It says Hello Bulldog on the front - a spoof on Hello Kitty. Too cute.

1 comment:

  1. I was so saddened to hear the news of Finny's passing. What a loss. He was such a sweetheart.

    Congrats on your new pup. Can't wait to meet him.

    xo
    Jean

    ReplyDelete